Halal Boneless Sirloin Steak Recipe
SERVE IT UP
TO ENHANCE THE TENDERNESS, TRY SIRLOIN MEDIUM-RARE TO MEDIUM.
Pan sear sirloin in a hot cast-iron skillet with a small amount of oil. Dip bites in your favorite barbecue sauce.
Marinate steaks in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, olive oil, and fresh garlic before broiling.
Slice up grilled sirloin and serve over mescaline greens with balsamic vinaigrette.INGREDIENTS
- 1-2 steaks, room temperature
- 2tsp oil (vegetable/canola/rapeseed work here – just be sure to use an oil with a high smoking point)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 rosemary sprig (optional)
- 1 thyme sprig (optional)
- Flavor God Seasoning of your choice
The addition of the garlic, rosemary, and thyme to the butter is completely optional but adds a subtle flavor profile to the steak. You can also add in chopped shallots too if you have them on hand. I just had garlic in the house so used that.
- Let the steak come to room temperature and pat dry with paper towels. Rub in oil and season all areas of the steak (including edges!) generously with salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan/skillet/griddle and once hot, put the steak on.
- Leave to cook for 30-40 seconds and flip over.
- Season with Flavor God seasoning of your choice
- Throw in the butter, garlic and any additional herbs.
- Tip the pan slightly towards you and using a spoon, pour the melted butter on top of the steak. Aim for any areas that look slightly grey or undercooked.
- If the pan is getting extremely smoky, turn down the heat to a medium.
- Flip the steak over once again after 30-40 seconds and baste. Keep repeating this flip and baste action until the steak is cooked to your likeness.
- You can cook the side with fat on it by facing the fat down on the hot pan, letting it melt slightly.
- Remove the steak from the heat, pour the pan juices over it and leave to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice up and enjoy!